Will it work on your device?
You can read the eBooks on a number of devices, like your iPhone, iPad, and Android phones. You can also read them online.
How do I use it?
Login with your personal account, and navigate to your bookshelf. Locate your eBook, on your bookshelf, and click the ‘Read’ button to start reading it.
This addendum contains new learning objectives and content in refrigeration safety based on the recommendations made by Technical Safety British Columbia (TSBC) in its investigation reports of the October 2017 ammonia leak. The report examines two ammonia leaks, one occurring at the Fernie Memorial Arena in Fernie, BC, which resulted in the deaths of three people, and the other in October 2018 at a pet food manufacturing plant in Langley, BC, which prompted an extensive evacuation of the area. As this information is critical to operator safety, IPECC, SOPEEC, and PanGlobal Training Systems are making it available to learners immediately at no additional cost. In addition, this material will also be published in the forthcoming editions of Power Engineering Fourth Class, Power Engineering Fifth Class, and Refrigeration Plant Operator.
The new content of this addendum emphasizes the testing of secondary refrigeration systems, safe operation of ammonia refrigeration systems, and maintenance of refrigeration equipment. Some content may be familiar from the courses mentioned above, and the TSBC investigations suggest that it is worth repeating if this content will contribute to keeping all Power Engineers and operators safe.
eBook SetPrice C$213.00
Refrigeration Plant Operator (Ed. 3.0) (RPO)
The Refrigeration Plant Operator Texts (Ed. 3.0) content follow the syllabus structure to prepares students to challenge the SOPEEC inter-provincial Refrigeration Operator Certificate of Competency. This syllabus is shared with the Ontario Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) Refrigeration Operator B Operating Engineer Certification. Please verify the edition recommended by your educator and certifying body.
This two-volume Edition includes 12 months unique access to additional online resources including both learning media & computer graded Self-Assessments.
New Edition Features and Upgrades include:
- Expanded focus on Safety topics
- Updated figures and organization of subject matter
- New template
- Latest codes, standards, and regulations
- Clarification and corrections
- End-of-chapter questions with online answer guides
- Twelve months of access to online learning media and self-assessments
- Introductory information and concepts
- Communications and maintenance
- Pumps, compressors, lubrication, and water treatment
- Refrigeration, HVAC, and environmental systems
The self-assessments include:
- Chapter Tests
- Comprehensive (Part A, Part B) Tests
Important Note: Refrigeration Plant Operator Edition 3 and the Refrigeration Plant Operator Edition 2.0 set are the only single source of learning materials approved by both IPECC and SOPEEC to meet the syllabus and curriculum standards required to successfully prepare for:
- The inter-provincial Refrigeration Operator Certificate of Competency examinations
- The TSSA Refrigeration Operator Class B Operating Engineer Certification examination
This product is available as a Textbook.