Will it work on your device?
You can read the eBooks on a number of devices, like your iPhone, iPad, and Android phones. You can also read them online.
How do I use it?
Login with your personal account, and navigate to your bookshelf. Locate your eBook, on your bookshelf, and click the ‘Read’ button to start reading it.
Entry level Power Engineers work in a wide range of plant environments: power generation, chemical, petrochemical, pulp/paper/wood product, manufacturing, and food and beverage processing.
The Essentials Textbook Set is structured to prepare students for an introductory role as a Power Engineer and to meet the local jurisdictional testing requirements. The Essentials Textbook Set is approved by NIULPE.
This set contains 4 books (two for Part A and two for Part B).
Please check directly with your jurisdictional accrediting authority to confirm the exact credit given toward your certification for completion of a course of study involving this learning material.
This version of the 2.0 Edition also includes unique access to additional online resources including both learning media and computer graded Self Assessments.
The self assessments include:
- Chapter Tests – 576 unique tests (3 for each chapter with 10 questions each)
- Unit Tests – 90 unique tests (3 for each unit with 20 questions each)
- Comprehensive (Part A, Part B) Tests – 6 unique tests (3 for each Exam with 150 questions each)
The Essentials of Power Engineering Workbooks challenge and reinforce the learner's understanding of the Essentials textbook materials.
The workbooks contain a number of assignments, some of which contain worked solutions with which the student can check their understanding. Other assignments contained in the workbooks do not have solutions provided, and are intended for use by instructors.
This complete workbook set consists of:
- 2 Part "A" Workbooks
- 2 Part "B" Workbooks
BookPrice $108.27A valuable self-study resource for those requiring additional practice with basic mathematics and physical sciences questions at the 4th Class and 3rd Class levels of study. Contains over 600 problems and worked solutions from 25 Power Engineering areas. This workbook is intended for use by operators who need extra practice with mathematics. This workbook was written for people who learn best through repeated practice of problem-solving skills. Power Engineers refreshing their skills or upgrading their license will find this workbook extremely useful, as will freshman Engineering and Industrial Technologies students.This 245 page workbook contains over 600 problems and worked solutions from 25 subject areas. Designed as a study aid, it is intended for use as a supplement to core course resources. Problems in each chapter are presented in graduated series (easiest to hardest), making the workbook easy to use.OutlinePurchase Only
This text provides an operational overview of typical gas turbine designs, operating principles and arrangements. It includes a discussion of gas turbine auxiliaries with an emphasis on operations and maintenance. An overview of cogeneration configurations, components, systems and operations is provided.Purchase Only
This set contains Introductory Applied Mechanics,
Force & Motion Topics:
Machines, Stress & Fluids Topics:
- This section includes a review of the algebra, trigonometry and vector skills required for a non-calculus treatment of static equilibrium, friction, linear and angular motion, and linear and rotational kinetics. Also included are chapters on centripetal force and motion, and work, energy and power. All of the concepts are supported by solved examples, and over 100 solved problems at the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st Class Power Engineering levels.
- This section introduces the student to the analysis of simple machines, momentum, reciprocating and spring motion, simple harmonic motion, stress and strain, shear force and bending moment in beams, stress in beams, torsion in shafts, and fluid pressure, flow and power. As in Volume I, the concepts are illustrated with solved examples and solved problems at the 3rd, 2nd and 1st Class Power Engineering Levels.
- Force & Motion Topics:
- Machines, Stress & Fluids Topics:
This study guide has been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety is a primary examination reference materials for the States second class Fireman's license as well as all subsequent licenses.Purchase Only
This text provides an operational overview of steam turbine design, construction, operations and maintenance. It includes a discussion of steam turbine auxiliaries with an emphasis on condensers. An applied theoretical treatment of rotating equipment maintenance and monitoring is also included.Purchase Only
This text begins with a review of important chemical concepts required for an understanding of industrial water treatment, including corrosion principles. The operational aspects of water treatment are then overviewed with an emphasis on pretreatment, boiler and non-boiler water, internal treatment and wastewater treatment. A practical overview in plant water analysis is also provided.Purchase Only